Medhasya

In this post, I’m going to talk about a man who was like a “rock star” in psychology, a guy that some people hated and others loved.

Burrhus Frederic Skinner was born in 1904 in Pennsylvania, United States, and he died when he was 86 years old. Skinner studied to be a writer, but he didn’t have talent to write, he tried it for a while and then he decided to leave this dream. Then, he went to Harvard, he studied Psychology. He did a very good job.

Skinner invented the “operant conditioning”, innovated his own idea of science, called radical behaviorism. He believed that psychology was (is) a science, for this reason; he founded an experimental psychology school.

I think that many people don’t understand the Old Skinner, and is not fair! He tried to help people, he started a revolution in education (no more punish!), and he wanted a happier society.

He is a source of inspiration for me. Last year, I read one of his books (Walden 2), and I loved it... it’s about an utopian society, where everybody is happy! And it’s due to operant conditioning. I wish I could create the dreamed Skinner....


2 Responses
  1. Milady Says:

    do you know that skinner, the rector of the simpsons school was based on this Psychologist?


  2. Marian Says:

    I remember Skinner every time I see my cat, I think he's got a point in his theories but it's just a starting point, because human behavior is much more complex than conditioning. It's my humble opinion.
    See you!


Post a Comment

Datos personales

Plantilla original blogspot modificada por plantillas blog